Meeting #10 minutes: April 15
Franklin Street Arterial Study GroupMeeting #10, April 15, 2009NotesCom. Members present: Alex Landry, Greg Martin, Liz Hoglund, Markos Miller, Mark Adelson, Cathi Debo, Markos Miller, Boyd Marley, Jaime ParkerStaff: Mike Bobinsky, Kathi Earley, Carl Eppich, John DuncanConsultant: Mitch Rasor, Lucy Gibson
- Welcome and Introductions
- Report on Roundabout Field Trip
- Alex Landry reported out on the Roundabout Fieldtrip to Augusta and Auburn. Cathi Debo, Markos Miller, Greg Mitchell, and Mike Bobinsky also participated. Mike Laberge and Dan Stewart joined the group in Augusta along with Steve Landry of DOT.
- Augusta roundabout did not have signage or landscaping yet; poor ped safety, little striping, entrances of up to three lanes wide, and slip lanes. Wide radius.
- Auburn roundabouts are much tighter, one lane each way, with good signage. Felt much safer for pedestrians. Better lighting needed. Also met with Roland Miller, Auburn Economic Dev Director and member of police force who spoke about research process, safety improvements, and challenges- primarily in educating public.
- Public Workshop Planning
- Facilitators/Members (arrive @ 5:30)
Running through Workshop Agenda
- Lucy Gibson presented draft of Power Point presentation for Public Workshop, committee offered feedback regarding content.
- Design Work: Small group activity
- Committee divided into two groups to run through abbreviated design activity planned for Public Workshop. Products presented to larger group.
- Reflection/Feedback on process
- Streamline design activity, provide more information on maps for participants, focus on land-use and transportation elements, and be aware of time constraints and time management issues.
- PHA/EBNO Workshop. April 21st, 7-8:30, 47 St.
- Walking Tour of Franklin planned for May 6th meeting, now planned for May 20, meeting, as the group decided to cancel the May 6 meeting.