Meeting #16 Minutes: July 15
Franklin Street Arterial Study GroupMeeting #16, July 15, 2009 NotesStaff: Mike Bobinsky, Kathi Earley,Alex Jagerman, Carl EppichConsultants: Mitch Rasor, Lucy Gibson1. Welcome and Introductions2. Updates
- Future Mtgs
8/5-Draft Report, Short Term Recommendations8/19-Preparationfor Public Presentation9/2-Public Presentation??Resignations of Laura Thibideauand Mike Langhella (personal reasons), Cathi Debo recently resignedfrom CBITD, need to follow up on Committee participation
- Committee will not seek to refill seats since study is nearing completion, but will ask resigningmembers to review final report and to help communicate report findingsto their respective stakeholder groups
3. Review of Concept Drafts w/ PerformanceCriteria
- Lucy Gibson presents latest workof 3 concepts: Urban Street, Urban Boulevard, and Multi- lane Boulevard.Series of clarifying questions regarding concepts.
- Traffic Analysis of Roundaboutat Marginal results in LOS improvement to C or B (currently D or F)for morning peak hour. This could work with proposed Exit 7 design.
- Medians in plans turn intoleft hand turn lanes, when needed, with pedestrian refuge
- Oxford is restored to fullyfunctioning 4-way intersection on all concepts
- Multi-lane Blvd is only conceptthat could accommodate 3 off-ramp lanes
- We need to figure out howto show and describe redevelopment opportunities in a way that highlightsenhanced value of properties, not threaten property owners
- Be sure details (turn lanes,etc) are clearly marked on maps
- Clear up references to Crosssections
- extend Bike Blvd concepton down to Commercial St. along Franklin
- Pedestrian Bridge at Franklinworks with Roundabout
- Need to emphasize that designof reconnected streets is critical to maintain, strengthen neighborhoodnature of cross streets
- Please show Roundabout asan inset on map
- Federal should be reconnectedfor auto as opposed to Newbury
- Please show separated bikefacility on Urban Blvd concept, in addition to bike lanes
- Please place bike lanes onUrban Street concept
- describe building heightsof Multilane Blvd as 5+ stories
- Would a roundabout at Marginalrequire a roundabout at Fox/Somerset?
- Appropriate design of reconnectedcross-streets to maintain and strengthen neighborhood nature
- Unsignalized roundabout atCommercial St.
- Need to look closer at ROWof Lancaster St. at Noyce building
- Access road connections toMulti-lane Blvd
- Can Access roads be phasedin with development? Would this be prefereable/not?
- what warrants are neededfor new signals?
- What will grade of Franklinlook like?
- Do we have a time frame forreconstruction of Franklin?
- Outreach- start telling peopleabout our goals, our process, and our three concepts
- What Short Term Recommendationsdo you want to have included in the report?
- What does ‘short term’ mean?
- Keep bike in the road.